Hey folks, it’s been awhile! I’m writting to tell you a bit about mine and hubby’s new venture…AdvoCare! We have joined the nation in doing a 24 Day Challenge starting January 7th, 2015. We are excited!
I did a 24 Day Challenge with AdvoCare about a year ago, with great results…I lost 7 pounds and 7 inches! You may think 7 pounds doesn’t sound like much, but 7 inches feels great! I went through phases of thinking, “this is fun”, “this is stupid”, “this is okay” and finally “I love my results”. The first 10 days is a cleanse. Do not be scared by that word. It is a very user friendly cleanse and a “non-eventful” cleanse, if you know what I mean! (If you don’t, here is what I mean: When the fiber drink starts doing what it is supposed to do, you are not running to the bathroom like a 4-year-old holding your butt and squeezing your legs. You feel the need to go, like any other time you need to go, and you walk to the bathroom and go.) My biggest opsticle was not eating sugar, um, I mean, things made with sugar. So about the third day I did end up being a tad bit crabby. But once I got over that third day hump, It was pretty darn easy. The eating clean just becomes routine, you pull up your big girl pants and tell yoruself “this is how it has to be”.
Below is a list regarding “what to eat” and “what not to eat” while doing an AdvoCare cleanse.
Foods to EAT on your
AdvoCare cleanse:(Eat just these things for maximum weight loss)
• Fresh/Raw Fruits and Veggies (to scrub out the toxins)
• Chicken, Fish, Tuna, Turkey Breast, Ground Turkey (no shrimp or lobster)
• Healthy Fats: Avocado, Olives/Olive Oil, Raw Nuts/Seeds (unsalted and not coated with anything)
• Almonds and Almond Butter, natural peanut butters (no sugar or oil added)
• Beans, Lentils
• Chicken or Vegetable Broths
• Herbal Teas
• Any Spices & Herbs, Fresh Salsa, Taco Seasoning (low sodium)
• 100% Whole Grain Rice (Brown rice, Wild rice), Quinoa
• Water, Spark
Foods to AVOID:
NO FRIED FOOD, NO REFINED OR WHITE FLOUR/RICE, NO ALCOHOL, NO SUGAR, NO DAIRY
(These products keep toxins alive, like throwing fuel on a fire)
• Alcohol (You’re on the Cleanse – hold off for 10 days!)
• Sodas, Energy Drinks (Spark and black coffee are okay)
• White foods/Starches (e.g. white pasta, bagels, white bread, white rice, processed foods, crackers, chips
• Sugar, Desserts- (except for fresh fruits – these are good sugars on the 10-day Cleanse)
• Cheese & Mushrooms (both are “molds” and will help keep toxins alive)
• Avoid Dairy Products (cow’s milk, yogurt, butter, etc…dairy products contain lots of sugars and will feed the toxins)
• Fatty Foods, Fried Foods, Fast Foods, Meat with skin or breading
• Ground beef or fatty meats. (turkey meat is much better and you can season it)
• Salad dressings (use salsa or fruits instead)
• Canned fruit or vegetables
• Dried fruit coated with sugar
• Instant rice or pre-packaged flavored oatmeal
Days 12-24 of the Challenge you continue with the supplements and any extras you added to your 24 Day Challenge, and you continue to eat healthy and clean. The list above should still be used. I do have a cheat meal about once a week and a “cookie” about twice a week. If I deprived myself completely I would surely binge at the end and that would defeat the purpose! Please let me know if you have any questions, I’m here to help you become the best person you can be.
I’m going to try branching more into the fitness side of things when these holidays are over also. I started to really enjoy my exercise classes and gaining muscle just after summer, but then had a surgery that curtailed that. That is my goal!
To purchase your own 24 Day Challenge and for more information about me, click here. Or contact me below with any questions.